Basilia TheofilouClick to play video
"Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most."
- Job Title Nutrition Advisor
- Degrees/Credentials Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Place of Birth Ecuador
- Favorite Food Favorite "everyday food"- peanut butter and quinoa; Favorite "sometimes food"- pastries and bacon
- Hobbies/Special Talents Love being outdoors kayaking or bike riding/beach cruising
- Fun Fact I've backpacked through 13 countries and over 30 cities in Europe!
Basilia Theofilou’s upbringing in a family of different cultures, with the emphasis on the importance of food, meal times and healthy dining, encouraged her career path in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Basilia received a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from Florida International University (FIU) in Miami, Fl. During her time at FIU, she became an active member of the Student Dietetic Association and the Miami-Dade Dietetics Association.
Prior to joining the PreviMedica team, Basilia worked as a dietitian assistant at Baptist Health in Miami. In this setting, she shared her knowledge of medical dietetics and increased her interest and expertise in nutrition for the promotion of health and for the prevention of disease. Upon graduating, Basilia obtained a position at Elite Health. As Program Director for Elite Health’s wellness program, Elite Fit Forever, Basilia provided nutrition counseling to patients and helped them follow a healthier lifestyle with proper nutrition and exercise.
Outside of work, Basilia enjoys spending time outdoors; biking, kayaking and taking long walks with her dog.