Previ Culinary: Apple Quinoa Bites
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup apple, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the ground oats, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, apple and vanilla (the almond milk will be added later).
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture. Mix well. Check consistency and slowly pour in almond milk. You may not need 1/2 cup. The mixture should be similar to a pancake batter consistency.
- Once mixed, let sit for a few minutes while the griddle heats up. Heat griddle to medium heat and coat with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Pour a silver dollar size onto griddle and let cook, flip when golden brown. Finish cooking on the other side and continue with the remaining amount of batter until finished.
- The leftovers may also be frozen to save for a later date or frozen individually to eat on the go!
If you are interested in learning how to cook or about specific cooking concepts or techniques, we would love to help! Schedule a video appointment with a PreviMedica Culinary Advisor by calling 855.773.8463 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.