Previ Culinary: Cashew Cream Gluten Free Mac N’ Cheese
- 1 package gluten free pasta
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups plain non dairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 to 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; preheat oven to 375 if baking.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the pasta.
- When pasta is almost tender, fully drain (do not rinse). Mix pasta with sauce and pour into a sauce pan OR lightly oiled 8 x 12 baking dish. Stir in the peas, spinach, and cherry tomatoes.
- If baking, cover with foil and bake 17-18 minutes. If cooking on the stovetop, cook until sauce thickens and is bubbly. Do not overbake the sauce or it will get too thick.
- Makes one 9 x 12 pan.
(Recipe adapted from Alternative Medicine Magazine, Issue 17.)