We get a lot of requests for grain-free bread recipes that taste good and are simple to make. Almond flour and coconut flour are both common and extremely versatile in the kitchen, but sometimes, almonds aren’t an option whether it’s an allergy or an avoidance. This recipe utilizes coconut flour and coconut oil which are Candida “fighters”, and it includes erythritol, which is a plant based sugar alcohol that is appropriate to consume when following a Candida elimination plan. You can feel good about having this bread whether you are eating it to stay grain free or eating it to fight Candida!
Coconut Flour Bread
Adapted from: dropthesugar.com
Makes 1 loaf
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and erythritol together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold until everything is incorporated.
- Lightly oil a bread pan and pour batter into bread pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.
Stefanie Gates, chef, is a regular contributor to our blog and a culinary advisor for PreviMedica. She enjoys developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about her here.