Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
This delicious pizza crust is made entirely out of cauliflower, cheese, and eggs. Completely grain and nut free, it is an excellent alternative for those who have allergies or are avoiding certain types of carbohydrates. It’s so good you will completely forget you are eating cauliflower!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
(Adapted from: www.theironyou.com)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (or 1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower, thawed)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. If you did not buy pre-riced cauliflower, place the florets in a food processor, and process until they resemble rice.
- Put the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 10 minutes, or alternately place in a steamer and steam for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Let cool, then place in a towel or cheesecloth. You want to squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the cauliflower. You should have about ¾ cup of liquid once finished.
- Once the cauliflower is dry, place it back in the bowl and mix in the eggs, oregano, garlic powder, mozzarella, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a pan with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan. Flatten out the “dough” into whatever shape you’d like as long as it is about ½ inch thick.
- Bake in a 425° F oven for about 20 minutes, until the edges start to get golden brown. Pull the crust out, place your desired toppings on it and bake until any cheese you are using is melted, about 8-10 more minutes.
*These also make delicious bread sticks!
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.