Previ Culinary: Holiday Gifts in a Jar
Giving the gift of food is an age old tradition for many. But who wants to spend hours preparing it when you don’t have to? This time of year is joyful, but demanding. Luckily these three gifts in a jar are a snap to make. You can feel good about giving these delicious treats to anyone you know- and after making them maybe you will have time to kick back and enjoy a few treats yourself!
Gingerbread Glazed Nuts
Adapted from: www.exsloth.com
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- Place a large shallow pan over medium-high heat, and in this pan combine the coconut oil, the maple syrup, molasses, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add in nuts and coat in the molasses mixture. Heat until the nuts are sticky and dark brown in color, stirring frequently.*
- Remove from heat and let cool on parchment paper.
- Store nuts in an airtight container or a mason jar to give as gifts for the holiday!
*Alternately you can coat the nuts in the mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven until toasted and browned.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Adapted from: www.theprettybee.com
Ingredients for the jar:
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions for gifting: layer all dry ingredients in jar and tightly seal to give as a holiday gift!
Instruct recipient to add the following:
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, cream ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, 2/3 cup butter and 1 ½ tsp. vanilla. Add the contents of the jar and mix well by hand until combined. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls and place onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
Slow Cooker Eggnog Granola
Adapted from: www.cupcakesandkalechips.com
- 3 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup ground flax
- ½ cup dairy free eggnog
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, and flax.
- In a smaller bowl combine the eggnog, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to coat the oat mixture with the liquid mixture.
- Pour granola into a slow cooker and spread out in an even layer.
- Cook the granola on high for 2-3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes with the lid propped. You do not want to seal the lid, or the granola will never dry.
- Once the granola is dry and toasted, spread on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
- Once cool, stir in the white chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container or mason jar to give as a gift for the holiday!
For more recipes and helpful cooking tips, make sure to visit our Facebook page. And for personalized nutrition guidance from our experts, set up your PreviMedica membership by contacting us at 855-773-8463 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.