Previ Culinary: Homemade Almond Milk
Written by: PreviMedica Culinary Team
- 1 cup raw almonds with skin on
- 2 cups filtered water
- Cover almonds with filtered water and let them soak overnight in the refrigerator or for at least 12 hours.
- Drain almonds and discard the soaking liquid.
- Combine almonds and 2 cups filtered water in a high power blender such as a Vitamix.
- Blend on high for at least 2 minutes. When finished, the mixture should be thick and creamy. (At this point you can add in any additional ingredients you want such as vanilla, dates, etc. and continue blending until thoroughly mixed in.)
- Set up a large bowl and place a fine mesh sieve over top. Line the sieve with several layers of cheesecloth or a nut bag.
- Pour the almond mixture into the cheesecloth and gently squeeze out the liquid with clean hands into the bowl.
- Once all of the liquid is extracted, pour the fresh almond milk into a mason jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.*
*Because of the short shelf life it is recommended to make small amounts at a time.
For more recipes and helpful cooking tips, make sure to visit our Facebook page. And for personalized nutrition guidance from our experts, set up your PreviMedica membership by contacting us at 855-773-8463 or by email at email@example.com.