Previ Culinary: Massaged Kale Salad With Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 head of kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ red onion, fine julienne
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sliced almonds
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
- Gently rub together the kale leaves in your hand, massaging them until they turn a brilliant green color and soften.
- Combine with carrots, chickpeas, onion, and tomatoes.
- For the dressing, whisk together garlic, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt until well combined. Add the balsamic vinegar and whisk well. Slowly add in the olive oil (while whisking) until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the salad, starting with 1/4 cup of dressing. Add more, if desired. Remaining dressing can be stored and kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Garnish salad with sliced almonds and enjoy!