Previ Culinary: Mexican Quinoa Salad
The fresh and vibrant flavors of lime and cilantro always leave us wanting more. The combination of these flavors meld together with quinoa, black beans, and veggies to create the perfect light, Mexican-inspired dish. This is an ideal weekday lunch; no heating required!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ cup queso blanco cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad with the desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
If you are interested in learning how to cook or about specific cooking concepts or techniques, we would love to help! Schedule a video appointment with a PreviMedica Culinary Advisor by calling 855.773.8463 or emailing email@example.com.