Previ Culinary: Banana Pumpkin Bread
We are welcoming fall with open arms! We thought it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce our naturally sweetened Banana Pumpkin Bread. Baking it is just as good as eating it as the scent of cinnamon and pumpkin float through the air. This bread is sweetened only with bananas and no added sugar, so those sensitive to sweeteners can rejoice! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Banana Sweetened Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from: www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
Makes: 1 loaf
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil (organic canola, coconut, safflower, sunflower)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 4×8 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and spread with a spatula until smooth on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool on a cooling rack completely.
- Can freeze up to 3 months.
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.