Previ Culinary: Burrito Mason Jar Meal
What to pack for lunch is a conundrum that we all face nowadays. Fortunately, we have a solution! Mason jar meals are easy and keep for the entire week when prepared correctly. This burrito in a jar is sure to get you excited for lunch! Get creative and use different vegetables, dressings, and proteins. Do you have a meal in a jar that you love to have for lunch?
Mexican Burrito Jar
Adapted from: www.realsimple.com
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Mexican cheese
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- To put together the jar, layer the ingredients from the bottom up in this order:
- Black beans
- Seal the jar and place in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, stir or shake, and enjoy!
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.