Previ Culinary: Chickpea Salad Mason Jar Meal
This salad is easy, convenient, and full of protein to fuel you for the rest of the day. As with most mason jar meals, simply layer the ingredients strategically starting with the hearty ingredients at the bottom and moving upwards with the lighter ingredients. We promise you will be looking forward to lunch time!
Chickpea Salad Mason Jar
- 3-4 Tbsp. dressing of choice
- ¼ cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- red onion, julienned (sliced thinly)- as much as you like
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded cheese, optional
- Layer your salad in a mason jar in this order (from the bottom up):
- Cheese (if using)
- When ready to eat, simply shake the jar and enjoy!
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.