Previ Culinary: Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding
This pumpkin pudding is light, creamy, and reminiscent of pumpkin pie. Best of all, it is gluten free AND dairy free! Enjoy this silky pumpkin treat with whipped coconut cream and maybe a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding
A delicious (and healthier!) alternative to pumpkin pie, this pumpkin pudding will leave you wanting more! Warm spices and sweet pumpkin create the flavors of Thanksgiving that we all swoon for. Enjoy with a dollop of homemade whipped coconut cream or by itself!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pour half of the coconut milk into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow it to soak up the liquid for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pinch of salt and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium heat for five minutes.
- Pour in the gelatin mixture and whisk until completely dissolved, without letting it boil.
- Immediately pour into a glass bowl and cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap so that a skin doesn’t form. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and whisk well, or alternately, you can place the pudding in a food processor for 3 minutes for a lighter, fluffier version.
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.