Previ Culinary: Healthy Shamrock Shake!
Shake things up for St. Patty’s day with a healthy green Shamrock Shake! Avocado and peppermint are front and center in this nutritious shake. The peppermint is icy, cool, and refreshing while the avocado is rich and creamy creating the perfect balance within a smoothie.
Healthy Shamrock Shake
Recipe by: Stefanie Gates, PreviMedica Culinary Advisor
Makes 2 smoothies
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (or 1 ripe banana)
- 2 scoops protein powder of choice (1 serving size- optional)
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Dairy free chocolate chips to garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional ice or unsweetened almond milk as necessary.
- Garnish with dairy free chocolate chips.
- Enjoy this minty refreshing shake!
Stefanie Gates, chef, is a regular contributor to our blog and a culinary advisor for PreviMedica. She enjoys developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about her here.