Previ Culinary: Lentil & Walnut Salad
Lentils are a great source of protein and couldn’t be easier to make. This salad is full of texture and flavor that you don’t want to miss! Meatless Mondays will become much more fun with this salad.
Lentil & Walnut Salad
Adapted from: Laura Ryle
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chipped
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 4-5 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook lentils per package directions.
- While lentils simmer, prep veggies.
- In a small bowl, combine dry mustard with red wine vinegar.
- Mix a little at a time so dry mustard will blend completely.
- Combine lentils and all chopped ingredients.
- Pour red wine vinegar mixture and olive oil over salad and toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
Stefanie Gates, chef, is a regular contributor to our blog and a culinary advisor for PreviMedica. She enjoys developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about her here.