Previ Culinary: Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup
Try something different with cauliflower and make soup! This recipe is easy, healthy, and will warm your tummy on even the coldest of days. Not to mention, cauliflower is packed with nutrients to keep those germs at bay during cold and flu season.
Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
(Adapted from: http://www.honestbody.com)
- 10 – 15 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 7 Tbsp. ghee
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 c. homemade chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets.
- Put the cauliflower pieces and unpeeled garlic into a large bowl.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of ghee in a saucepan and pour over vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Pour vegetables into shallow roasting pan and roast for 30 – 40 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, melt the remaining butter/coconut oil and sauté’ the onions until soft.
- Stir in the dried basil, add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Put the roasted vegetables in the pot.
- Peel the garlic and add as well.
- Blend with immersion blender and cook for another 5 minutes.
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.