Previ Culinary: Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Turkey
Thanksgiving is just a few days away and if you don’t want to cook a whole turkey or didn’t thaw one out in time, this recipe is for you! The Thanksgiving flavors of cranberry and orange infuse this tender turkey breast as it cooks low and slow. This turkey breast is incredibly moist and will make this a recipe that you will go back to time and time again.
Cranberry Orange Turkey
Adapted from: www.thecreativebite.com
For the turkey:
- 5-8 pound turkey breast
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-6 orange slices (optional)
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- 12 oz. bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. gluten free flour blend
- Combine the dry rub ingredients for the turkey and rub all over the turkey breasts.
- In a slow cooker, combine the cranberry, brown sugar, ginger, orange zest, and orange juice.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the gluten free flour with the water and then whisk it into the cranberry mixture.
- Place the turkey breasts into the slow cooker on top of the cranberry mixture and drizzle with olive oil and top with orange slices.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours depending on the size of the turkey breast or until an internal temperature of 165 is achieved.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker and let rest for a few minutes. Slice and serve topped with cranberry sauce.
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.