Previ Culinary: Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This sweet potato breakfast hash is the perfect side OR main dish for breakfast. Top with an over easy egg and let the egg become to sauce for this delicious combination of sweet potatoes, carrots, and leeks. We really can’t think of much better way to start out the day.
Greek Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
(Adapted from: www.aminerecipes.com)
Serves: 4 – 6
- 2 c. sweet potato, diced
- 1 ½ c. carrot, diced
- 1 c. ground beef or lamb
- 1 ½ c. leeks, sliced thin, white parts only
- 2 tbsp. butter, ghee, or dairy-free spread
- 2 packed tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add ground meat and cook until mostly done. Drain fat.
- Add butter, then add sweet potato, leek, and parsley. Cover and stir occasionally.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then add carrots and all remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered while stirring often to prevent sticking. Cook until all ingredients are tender, to taste.
- Serve hot.
Stefanie Gates, chef, is a regular contributor to our blog and a culinary advisor for PreviMedica. She enjoys developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about her here.