The Alcat Test measures personalized nutrition at the cellular level. The core technology is a blood test that measures the body’s cellular response to challenges from a wide array of substances including various foods, additives, colorings and chemicals. The individual’s cellular reactivity after exposure of the blood to the various test agents, versus the person’s own baseline control, tells you which substances may be causing a sensitivity-related response in the body.
The Alcat Test has been validated by demonstrating a high correlation with double-blind oral challenges with both foods and food additives.10 In addition, a controlled study from Baylor Medical College reported 98% success for weight loss and/or improvement in body composition from patients that followed the recommended eating plan based on the Alcat test.
Conditions associated with food and chemical sensitivity
The Alcat Test is a food screening test, it does not diagnose a disease, but may help many chronic conditions associated or influenced by food, such as:
- Digestive disorders, e.g. bloating, constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Metabolic disorders, weight management, obesity, type 2 diabetes
- Inflammatory conditions that effect skin, joints or respiratory system
- General inflammatory conditions involving overactive immune function
Once you have your test results, keep in mind that it is best to avoid not only all reactive foods, but also any foods that were not tested since the reactivity would not be known.
For that reason, you might want to consider testing for additional foods on a higher panel. Rather than consume foods without knowing their reactivity potential or restrict foods for no reason, you could confidently incorporate more foods into your eating pattern.
To view all the foods/items tested on different panels, please go here.
*Also included with your purchase of the test is a complimentary one month membership to PreviMedica.*
You will receive:
- Two one-on-one video consultations with a nutrition advisor
- Access to online educational presentations and resources
- Support in between sessions via portal messaging system (response within 1 business day)